Facebook

Sunday, 02 January 2011

Hello 2011

Well it's not quite time for racing just yet but hey, it's as good a time to start getting ready and preparing for the season that lies ahead. A lot of work still lies ahead and many mechanical decisions still need to be made for the championship ahead but the one decision that has been made so far was to send the 1200 'boxie' down to Cape Town for the historic weekend in February. For obvious reasons I have had to remove all the previous stickers, numbers and sponsors (used in JHB) and who are also no longer involved with the series which means new ones have to be made anyway. For those not yet aware, I also voluntarily gave up my race number (#22) in CT for a good cause and will have to await a new number to still be allocated to me. (Hopefully reverse psychology will still come into play.)

Depending on how things pan out I may just decide to keep the 'boxie' in Cape Town and give the GX Coupe a rest and a little TLC, after all it's served me well over the years. One thing is for sure, I've got the best Datsun mechanic in the country (in my personal opinion) and either way I hope to again be right up there where I am lead to believe that a lot of plans are in process to challenge the Datti. (At least try with a 1600cc and not something with 600cc and more!!)

I would still love to have a race car with me in JHB for the up coming Piper weekend at Zwartkops later this month but with only an empty wallet and a bent credit card (school fees, uniforms and books have no respect not to mention Club membership and MSA license renewal) common sense will therefore prevail. In the interim I am holding thumbs for all those still in the process of building new cars for the season and I can't wait to see you all again soon.


The 140Z should also be getting a thorough check through during the up coming weeks as well and should be ready to 'rock 'n roll' by as soon as the next race. I think I must also however sit my tutor down and do some convincing for him to be the 'Tried Piper'.

Thanks in advance 'Boet'!!

1 comment:

  1. 1200, 1400, 1500 who cares. The 1800's and 2 liters should be ashamed to not even to keep up. Sies!! Looks a lekka car.

    ReplyDelete